Details on the next GTA Online Update coming next month have been revealed, and a familiar face from Liberty City returns.
This winter, GTA Online has another major overhaul with new Quality of Life improvements, updates for PC and last-gen consoles, a new business, a new returning face, festive surprises and limited-time Rockstar Games 25th Anniversary in-game apparel. Oh, and did we mention that animals are coming to free-mode for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 consoles…
A Familiar Face Returns
Boost up your crime experience by stealing, stripping and selling the most in-demand vehicles. These new robberies will be on behalf of a familiar face and a fan-favourite character, Yusuf Amir who you may remember from GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony.
“Yusuf still lusts after the finer things in life — chief among them adding to his collection of luxury import vehicles by any means necessary. With the help of his cousin Jamal, you’ll be charged with planning and executing intricate, high-stakes robberies under the cover of Red’s Auto Parts, a new purchasable salvage yard where you’ll call the shots. Sell the best of the best to Yusuf or salvage your boosted vehicles for parts — the choice, and the cash, is yours.”
‘Tis The Season To Be Drifting
New Drift Races and Drift Modifications come to GTA Online this Winter, with customisation in the LS Car Meet allowing you to bring the joy of drifting to Freemode.
New Quality Of Life Improvements
With the power of the latest generation of consoles, new quality of life updates are coming to GTA Online. These new features will be available specifically for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles:
- Wildlife comes to Freemode: animals now rove the Southern San Andreas landscape across GTA Online on PS5 and Xbox Series consoles
- GTA+ Members will get access to The Vinewood Club Garage, a new vehicle storage facility with the capacity to hold 100 vehicles
- PS5 and Xbox Series players will be able to organize and manage vehicle collections more conveniently via the Interaction Menu, moving them between garages with ease
Players across all platforms will receive a host of new improvements, including:
- A newly streamlined Interaction menu for easier navigation
- Increased LS Car Meet Reputation points for competing in Pursuit and Street Races
- New Specification Service at the LS Car Meet, allowing drivers to now purchase copies of another player’s Personal Vehicle on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
- Custom description tags for each floor of the Eclipse Blvd. Garage
- Console voice chat now defaults to “Off”
- A small birthday gift for all players on their character’s birthday
In additional to everything above, there is even more coming to GTA Online this winter and beyond, including new music, all-new holiday modes, additional experience improvements, updates to the creator tools, other festive surprises and more!