Read up on everything important that took place during the Q2 2023 Take-Two Interactive Investors call:
Grand Theft Auto V sales have slowed down significantly for the first time since the game has been launched. The game has only sold 1 million copies during the last quarter compared to 9 million copies sold in the last quarter, however, this does not need to be a bad thing as it may show the general public is getting more and more ready for the next installment.
The Grand Theft Auto VI leak, which released over 90 development clips of the game to the public was “terribly unfortunate” according to Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick, but emphasised that it has not impacted development for Rockstar Games.
Grand Theft Auto:
– Grand Theft Auto V has sold over 170 million copies. It is the best-selling game of the past 10 years in the U.S., based on both unit
and dollar sales. It has only sold 1 million units during the last quarter showing that sales do seem to be slowing down.
– The entire franchise has sold-in over more than 385 million copies
– GTA+ has enjoyed a successful launch
– There have been no details revealed about GTA: The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition’s mobile version, a release date is TBA.
– Rockstar Games will continue to support Grand Theft Auto Online with content updates alongside seasonal updates (Halloween and winter styled events.)
– GTA: The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition may have sold up to 4 million copies during Take-Two’s last quarter
Red Dead Redemption:
– The Red Dead Redemption franchise has sold-in over 70 million units worldwide
– Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold-in over 46 million units. It is the 2nd best-selling title in US in past 5 years
based on dollar sales
– Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online have had more active players in the second quarter
This concludes the coverage for the earnings call.
UPDATE: GTA V has sold an approximate of 170-175 million copies to date instead of just 1 million copies during the last quarter